Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bathroom Blogfest: Special touches and attention to detail


What makes a bathroom memorable? I've been thinking about that on my travels this year. Despite the raised eyebrows I get when taking photos in and around public bathrooms, I have found some nice details to share.

At the Coast Long Beach Hotel in Long Beach, CA, ornate brass handles set off the bathroom doors.

Zephyr Restaurant, also in Long Beach, had this lovely switchplate adorning their restroom.

Shades Restaurant in San Diego found a smart and colorful way to cover up those ugly pipes. They also have real, fluffy bath mats. (Note: Real, fluffy bath mats do need extra cleaning.)

Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley continues their theme of self-empowerment in the unisex bathroom.

Filoli Center, south of San Francisco, has beautiful tile borders on the floor.

The Ghirardelli shop in Chicago offers this gorgeous bathroom.

The winner in this category: The incredible de Young Museum's bathroom, with fresh flower arrangements.

Tip of the day: How can you add special touches to your bathroom to extend your business theme and make the experience memorable?

Visit the group blog and the other bloggers:
Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

5 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I had to chuckle thinking of how people react to you taking pictures in public bathrooms. I'm sure glad you did though as you share some great examples here. You've reminded us that it really is about the small details that adds up to a great experience.

    Thanks to you and all of the Bathroom Blogfest bloggers.

    Doug

    P.S. I tried to do a backtrack to your American Girl post but it kept linking to my old Blogger account. In my post "Let Your Customer Go and Not Leave" I shared with my Retail Contrarian readers about the blogfest and how much they can learn from your perspectives. Thanks again and keep taking those bathroom pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug,
    I always wonder what other women think when they see a flash going off inside a stall. Oh well. It's all for the good of customer experience, right?

    Thanks for the great post and comment. Unfortunately, Blogger still doesn't support trackback. I keep hoping...

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:18 PM

    I don't have any photos, but my mother and I recently visited Ten Chimneys, the second home of Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne in Genesee Depot, WI. The visitor center ladies' room was gorgeous: light-filled, fresh flowers, comfortable and elegant lounge area, informative tidbits about Ms. Fontanne and other female visitors to the estate. A real treasure. And the bathrooms on the estate themselves were treasures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic touches , really some details can make things better , thank you for this great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:12 PM

    nice design...

    ReplyDelete