Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bathroom Blogfest is shaping up for 2007!

Last year, a small group of female bloggers took on the challenge of bathrooms and their role in the customer experience. We had so much fun that we decided to repeat it this year and invited more women to take part. We currently have 22 bloggers signed up to participate, including the blogger for the National Kitchen and Bath Association (Ed Pell).

The online event will run from October 28 to November 2. We're creating our own little website which will list all the blogs and pick up all the feeds from relevant posts.

If you'd like to nominate a favorite (or least favorite) bathroom, please send me an email with a couple of pictures and I'll include them in my blog posts that week. I'll choose one entry to receive a free copy of my book (for you or your favorite institution or company), Creating Great Visitor Experiences: A Guide for Museums, Parks, Zoos, Gardens, and Libraries.

Here are the bloggers taking part, as of this writing:
Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

11 comments:

  1. Stephanie,

    I found last years entertaining and interesting. I can't wait for this years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bill. Feel free to weigh in from the male point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bathroom Blogfest 2006 was quite an eyeopener for those of us who are gender barred access to ladiesrooms. Many of the observations read in Blogfest assisted with the refinement of Überloo- a developing symbol identifying clean, green, accessible and 100% hands free restrooms (www.uberloo.com). I look forward with great interest in this year's contributions. Now if only men could write about their perspective & experiences...

    Raymond Brow
    Prince Edward Island, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Raymond. I'll check out uberloo. You are very welcome to write and cross post... plenty of room in the loo for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a little weird, but can I still get involved in this bathroom blogfest? I've been looking for an excuse to write about the innovative rest-stop bathrooms I saw in Germany this summer. (You should have seen the looks I got when I tried to take photos!)

    So, if it's possible, I'd love to participate in this. Can I still get involved?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, Katie, I'll send you the instructions! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kate rutter3:36 AM

    It's a small world! First I join up for the Bathroom Blogfest, and then I realize that I was just reading your book...we ordered a copy for the Adaptive Path library. Great job on the book; it's a wonderful read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Kate, I appreciate the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! I consider myself quite the bathroom connoisseur---pretty much every public place I've been in since age 8, I've checked out the bathroom. I'm interested to see what you guys come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I get involved in this bathroom blogfest(this year 2008)? I have visit a lot of countries in the past years and I have a lot of posts with photos from the places I have been (including bathrooms from every country were I was)

    So, if it's possible, I'd love to participate in this. When it will be exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure, send me an email and we'll add you to the list. We don't have dates set yet. Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete